Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Photoshop: Fact or Fallacy?

I know it sounds crazy, but we were assigned a pretty cool project. The premise was to take a video clip that you wouldn't expect as an obvious choice in an English education classroom. Once you chose a clip, you created a lesson (an ELA lesson) related to that "random" clip. Caitlin and I worked pretty hard on this, and we are pleased with the finished product. Check it out and leave us some feedback. We would love to improve it for future use. Feel free to borrow what might work for you.

Here is the cool project that Caitlin and I did for ENGL7741 at KSU.

2 comments:

  1. Kacee and Caitlin,
    I thought that your development of this project was well thought out and organized. The steps for the activities flowed smoothly, and the topic is was interesting to students lives today. They see photoshopped images everywhere. This would be a great segway into a more in-depth discussion about appearances and looks and what society and these images tells us are important about the values of these topics. I would definitely use something like this in my unit of Persuasion in the Media. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video! At first my question was about how the boys in the class would feel--girls are really affected by Photoshopping, and we know that, but I'm not sure how much boys are. However, when I thought about it, they have an opinion on the other side of the spectrum, and it would be interesting to hear their opinions and find out how the video also affected them.

    ReplyDelete